The Mississippi Office of the State Auditor (OSA) is authorized to conduct a paid fellowship program for students earning a Bachelor of Science in Accounting or a Masters of Accounting.
Undergrad eligibility. Participants must have:
- 58 hours towards a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Accounting at a Mississippi institution of higher learning;
- 3.0 or higher GPA on the above 58 hours;
- Currently enrolled in or having completed Intermediate Accounting;
- Once accepted, maintain a 3.0 or higher on the previously obtained semester hours toward a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting.
Graduate Eligibility. Participants must:
- Have met the regular admission standards;
- Have been accepted into the Master of Science accounting program at a Mississippi institution of higher learning;
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in all coursework counted toward a master of science degree in accounting.
Benefits (What OSA offers)
- We pay for your tuition, books, and fees;
- You are eligible for the State Health Plan and you pay $0 per month for health insurance;
- OSA pays 100% of our employee’s premium for base coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi.
- Guaranteed paid internship at OSA;
- Guaranteed employment after graduation.
Commitment (What’s required of you)
- You work a total of three hundred thirty-six (336) hours each summer at OSA.;
- Agree to work as an auditor at OSA upon graduation for a minimum of two (2) years or the equivalent time that you were in the intern program; For example:
- If we pay for your master’s degree (August-May, 9 months) then you would have a 2-year commitment.
- If we pay for your junior and senior year of your Bachelors and your Masters (August of Junior year until may graduation of Masters year, 2 years and 9 months) then you would have a 2 year and 9-month commitment.
- Spring 2023 Session: Applications must be received by September 1, 2022
- Summer/Fall 2023 Session: Applications must be received by March 1, 2023
Click to Apply